We all have different styles and different levels of comfort in design. Oopsy daisy, Fine Art for Kids celebrates those differences and we want to encourage you to mix it up! We love bold patterns and courageous combos. Mainly, we just love seeing someone’s personality shine through décor choices, creating a warm, happy atmosphere and calling it “home”.
While some of us like just one statement making patterned piece per room, others can’t get enough. If you like the look of mixed bold patterns, but need a little assistance in making it happen, we’ve got a few tips from some top design websites.
- Choose three or more patterns, because odd numbers work best in terms of design.
- Balance your patterns by evenly distributing throughout the room, not all on one side.
- Vary the scale of prints with small, medium, and large – limiting yourself to one large-scale fabric design.
- Take baby steps and assess samples together to edit color and pattern scale. Don’t be afraid to give a pattern the boot if it’s not working well with the others you’ve chosen.
Real Simple suggests:
- Limit busy wallpaper to just one wall, as the focus, rather than all four walls.
- Include one big solid in the room – on the sofa, floor, or wall.
Most importantly, no matter what patterns you may follow, we’ve got the wall art décor to complete your perfect scene. We always suggest finding the perfect piece at the start, letting it be your inspiration for finding unifying bold pattern combinations. Don’t be shy, listen to the pros and jump in there!